Everyone has to prepare for the future and for getting older. If you or someone you love, such as a parent or grandparent, is getting up there in age and is unable to safely live at home, it can be extremely stressful. There is the option of moving into a nursing home, but nursing homes are very expensive. Another option that is very effective and satisfying to older adults in Canada is home health care. It carries a number of benefits that should make the option a huge consideration.
What are the Benefits of Home Health Care?
There are a number of home care agencies that offer the help of a nurse who can provide home care assistance. There are a number of benefits that come with getting this service. Here are some of the main benefits.
• Care Professionals are Always Around: If you are unable to be there for your elderly parent or other loved one because you work and have a busy life, a home aide is always there to take care of that person. They are trained in the area of home health and safety and can ensure that your loved one is well cared for in a manner in which they will always be safe.
• Supports Activities of Daily Living: When there is an aide at the home to care for an older adult, that person can ensure that the individual always gets assistance with their daily routine, including personal care like bathing and taking their medications. The professional can help the person to maintain a good quality of life.
• Can Remain at Home: One of the best things about having a home care aide is that the elderly individual can continue living in their own home. This is essential for the mental wellbeing because most people do better when they are in familiar surroundings and around the home they love instead of at a nursing home around unfamiliar faces.
• Access to Nursing Care at Home: Home care also means the individual can have access to skilled nursing care right from their own home. Medical equipment can also be brought in if the person needs it. To learn more information, please visit the BrightStar Care for their additional online resources.
• Companionship: Home health aides can provide much-needed companionship to an elderly person and can engage in hobbies and other activities with them. Engaging in such ways with the individual can help to keep them happy, keep their minds sharp and lengthen their lives.
• Help with Household Chores: A home health aide can assist their client with household chores they may no longer be able to perform themselves. This includes activities like washing dishes, vacuuming, doing the laundry and dusting.
• Better Health: Individuals who have health care aides are more likely to enjoy better health and have fewer complications with already existing health conditions.
Overall, individuals who receive home health care fare far better than those who don’t get the service or who stay at nursing homes. Because of the great benefits, it is important to consider home care assistance for yourself and your loved ones for the future.